Country Drawers offers over 15 brands of cloth diapers including Charlie Banana, Rumparooz, GroVia, Happy Heiny, GoGreen, Tiny Tush, Tweedlebug, Blueberry, Swaddlebees, OsoCozy, Sweet Pea, Bumkins, EcoPosh, Knickernappies, and more!
We carry the following types of cloth diapers plus some eco-friendly disposable options:
- The outer shell, insert, and inside lining are all sewn together. These are very simple to use and are good for people that might be intimidated by cloth diapers.
All-in-Twos (AI2) or Hybrid Diapers
- These are basically a cross between an AIO and a Pocket Diaper. Usually an AI2 consists of a waterproof outer shell and an absorbant insert that snaps or lays in the shell. The shell can be reused by snapping or laying in a new insert when the other insert become soiled.
- Pocket Diapers feature a pocket in the back or front of the diaper between the waterproof outer shell and inner lining. This pocket allows the user to stuff the diaper with an absorbant insert. Pocket diapers are so popular because they allow the user to customize the amount of absorbancy by adding additional inserts.
- These diapers are not waterproof and require a cover. Although, many babies are able to use fitteds for 1-2 hours without leaks. These diapers come in a variety of styles with some featuring snap-in inserts or pockets.
- These diapers require a cover, but are usually a cheaper option than fitteds and easier to use than prefolds. Contour diapers usually also require the use of a Snappi or diaper pins.
- These are the traditional diapers that many people are familiar with. These are the most economical choice and require some type of fastener like a Snappi or diaper pins and a diaper cover.
- Diaper covers are made with a variety of materials.
- PUL diaper covers are made of the same type of material used as the waterproof layer in Pockets, AIOs and Hybrid Diapers.
- Fleece and wool diaper covers provide a breathable cover option that is water resistant.
- PUL and Fleece covers can be washed with your regular diaper laundry while Wool covers need to be hand washed and lanolized.
Sized vs One Sized (OS) Cloth Diapers
- Sized diapers usually come in Xsmall (Newborn), Small, Medium and Large sizes with a few brands also offering XLarge or largers sizes. These diapers have less bulk than OS diapers, but you will need to purchase larger sizes as your child grows.
- One Sized (OS) Cloth Diapers usually fit from 10lbs to 35lbs. OS diapers are usually adjusted by snaps on the front of the diaper or by adjustable leg elastics. These diapers are bulkier on smaller babies than sized diapers, but are more economical as you usually do not have to buy larger sizes.